 General / 27498
Re: History Question, Dear Gary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:12:25 GMT

r2 wrote:

Gary Istok wrote in message <3A7F1C38.1ED8FAB9@umich.edu>...
sing.

Rose, I am confused about the 4x windows that you are talking about.  I • assume
that you are not talking about the classic style 1x4x2 window that only • ever
came in red or white (1957- circa 1990).  Are you talking about the ones • that
can be used as skylights because the match the roofline of regular sloped
bricks?  (1x4x4??)  If you mean the newer windows, then I'll have to check • some
of the ones I have.  Please let me know.

I think the person that sold me the Lego just put sets together, so the old
bricks are a mistake. The windows I have are standard vertical windows
1x4x2, but they had the nub on the side that allows the window glass to
tilt. It is really the glass that I am interested in, I have never seen
window glass like this before. The "studs" aren't really studs but circular
marks the size of a brick stud. Newer windows have these but the circular
mark is a smaller diameter and not as pronounced.

Rose

Ummmm Rose, I have about 1,000 of the 1x4x2 windows (90% red, 10% white), these
are about 1/2 from Europe, 1/2 from the USA.  These go back to the earliest
varieties from 1957 all the way to the most recent.  And I don't have a single
one that does what you describe?  Did someone modify one??  Does your window
have the 'prongs' in the bottom of the window to allow it to attach to brick
studs?

Or are you describing the 1x4x3 window???  Those have all the features that you
describe...

Gary Istok