 General / 27497
Re: History Question, Dear Gary
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 22:00:59 GMT

Gary Istok wrote in message <3A7F1C38.1ED8FAB9@umich.edu>...
sing.

Rose, I am confused about the 4x windows that you are talking about.  I • assume
that you are not talking about the classic style 1x4x2 window that only • ever
came in red or white (1957- circa 1990).  Are you talking about the ones • that
can be used as skylights because the match the roofline of regular sloped
bricks?  (1x4x4??)  If you mean the newer windows, then I'll have to check • some
of the ones I have.  Please let me know.

I think the person that sold me the Lego just put sets together, so the old
bricks are a mistake. The windows I have are standard vertical windows
1x4x2, but they had the nub on the side that allows the window glass to
tilt. It is really the glass that I am interested in, I have never seen
window glass like this before. The "studs" aren't really studs but circular
marks the size of a brick stud. Newer windows have these but the circular
mark is a smaller diameter and not as pronounced.

Rose