 General / 26929
Re: Project 1138
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:44:17 GMT

I know I oohed and ahhed over it in person, but it's worth doing again.  Sadly, the
pictures don't really do the model justice .... it's difficult to get good feels
for the aspects I liked the best from the photos.  Ayway, I loved the air intakes -
the use of the 1x2x3 panel pieces is perfect to provide the open space look - hell,
they actually look like they scoop air into an engine somewhere, the details of
which are just around a bend inside the intake.

The rear tail is nicely done.  The angles are perfect, and I recall being impressed
with the assembly of them, and how sturdy they acualy were given their cockamaynee
orientation.

Lastly, and my most favoriteistly, I absolutely *loved* the seat you designed.  The
tan 1x1 tiles give a *perfect* rendition of a quilted padded fabric seat, the likes
of which you might expect to find in any old wood-and-leather-and-metal airplane.
I stand proudly before you, telling you that I have already blatantly ripped off
this idea and put a similar design inside the cockpit of my Stuka dive bomber.

I'm just glad I got to see it all in person!

-s

Lorbaat wrote:

Hokay.

I'm not a vain man.  I know that I am no, say, Brad Hamilton or Mark Sandlin.

But I am genuinely curious- how is it that this post got absolutely no
said "please let me know what you think", but I thought that was obvious- after
all, if I didn't want to know what people thought, I wouldn't have posted
pictures of it on the internet.

Anyway, whassup with that?  Can anyone help me out here?  Do I have food stuck
between my teeth or something?

eric

In lugnet.build, Eric Joslin writes:
I've finally taken pics of the project that preceded the Fuji Power Armor.

I've dubbed this one simply "Project 1138" for now.  It's an experimental
aircraft, and an attempt to encorporate WWII styling into a "futuristic"
aircraft.

For the time being, its only armament is one nose-mounted gunpod.  The
gunpod's
systems are designed to be removed easily and replaced with other loadouts,
such as spy cameras, etc.  The 1138 can also carry up to 12 rockets, but that
hardly seems necessary for test flights.

Pics of the 1138 and intrepid Ace Test Pilot "Dash" Dickendacker can be found
by following the link below:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lorbaat

eric