 General / 26871
Re: Project 1138
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 05:45:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:

It does seem rather X-Wing-ish,

<smacks forehead> No wonder it looks vaguely familiar to me.  That didn't even
occur to me until you said it.

I like the detailing in the
cockpit. Lots of buttons to push and levers and such. Good pilot's seat.

Thanks.  I'm especially proud of the cockpit, and moreso the seat.

I like the asymmetrical gunpod on the nose, and the slope work you did on
the nose as well. Making a tapered nose on aircraft is kind of hard to do
with LEGO.

First thing I built, that and the intakes, which was the start of the model.
It had a much shorter nose then, but I kept making it longer as I built it, and
I couldn't work out why, I just felt compelled to.  Probably because of the
X(wing)-factor.

In the back between the engines needs a little something, maybe a widget or
two to give it some detail. I do like the odd number of studs between the
engines tho. That's uncommon.

I was forced into that by the Rube-goldbergesque way I did the tailfins.
Everything behind the cockpit is only there to cover for it.

You need to get that piece of spinach out from  between your front teeth
too. ;^)

Considering I haven't had spinach in, oh, at least a month, I better get to it.
:D

eric