 General / 26531
Re: How to transport Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:36:25 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Paulo Caparica Junior writes:
I had to take some models from my home to the office, some pieces fall off,
and it was not a very positive experience.

Some Models are even not to be transported at all: you have to decide: spend
lots of time in rebuilding the stuff or leave it at home. For e.g. these
fir-trees break down everytime you take them in your hands:

But I really like them, so I take them with me to any show like here:

What we did was change the "trunk" to 2x2 round bricks and put a technic
axle through the lot and they stay together real well.

Assembled models, I mean.
I guess that people that show stuff at train shows must have something to say.

all of our stuff has boxes to go in and you try and pack a tightly as
possible.  We always end up with something broken but the pieces are in the box.

We also use a lot a technic bricks and pegs to "pre-break" models at stress
points

Matthew Greene