 General / 26164
Re: Moviemaker Set Video Clips (WAS: Lego review in US News & World Report)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:59:51 GMT

"Peter A. Vogel" wrote:

4. Movie sizes. - Why are the finished movies only MPGs?  I notice you • have
MOVs for the tips and sample movies so is there anyway we can have that • feature
added?  I don't mind the file size as long as the movie is good and • people can
really enjoy it.

I'll tell you why.  It's a BIG F%#KING LIE. :)

None, I repeat, none of the clips that come with studios, or on their web • site,
are made with the studios program.  This is why their movies look so much
crisper than ours.  I think we should, as consumers, call LEGO on this • false
advertising.

Perhaps it's a recent addition because of this thread (I wouldn't know, this
is
the first time I've gone to the studios site) but beside each clip as it is
playing
are the following words:

"Made to inspire with a professional camera"

I think that eliminates any claims of false advertising.  On the other hand,
I'd
be pretty DE-motivated and UNinspired if I saw these cool movies and could
not even come close to re-creating them with my set, so I think is most
UNcool
of LEGO.

It is nowhere on the box, manual or anything else that comes with the package.
They are guilty of FALSE ADVERTISING, no question about it.

I've seen some works of art popping up on sites. They look like they took a lot
of work and planning. It's such a shame they all look so small and horrid...
Fuzzy etc...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html