 General / 2604
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 00:31:49 GMT

OK, Richard. I have heard many interesting tidbits on the Unification
and the currency situation, from the EU spawning the Antichrist, to the
benefits of American business and so on, so it is good to hear
information who is in the thick of it, thanks again for the
clarification. Like people everywhere, government seems to try to make
lives as hard as possible.

Speaking of currency, if this adult Lego club does come to be, we would
have to figure out a way to do currency exchanges for the varying
members in various countries or we would have to decide on one currency.
We might have to have a treasurer of some kind and a distributor. If TLG
even accepts the notion on bulk brick sales, or simply acknowledges
Lugnet and other AFOL around the world.

Ah, so few bricks, and so much to build.....

Scott Sanburn

Richard Dee wrote:

Our political parties are still tearing their guts out over
the issue. Despite the fact that it is the best thing for
everyone (60% or more of our exports go to Euro-enabled
countries), it is unlikely that we will get the Euro until
2002 or there-abouts.
But for the moment, the idea of a Pan-European pricing structure
may well work out for the rest of the EEC, but we with the
pound will end up paying more, as we always do.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/