 General / 2594
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:03:38 GMT

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:56:50 GMT, Scott Edward Sanburn uttered the following
profundities...
Richard,

You'll have to excuse me (I'm from the US), but isn't the Euro going to
take care of that eventually, or is it still a long way off?

Our political parties are still tearing their guts out over
the issue. Despite the fact that it is the best thing for
everyone (60% or more of our exports go to Euro-enabled
countries), it is unlikely that we will get the Euro until
2002 or there-abouts.
But for the moment, the idea of a Pan-European pricing structure
may well work out for the rest of the EEC, but we with the
pound will end up paying more, as we always do.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/