 General / 25751
25750  |  25752
Subject:
Totally non-Lego, but...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:34:05 GMT

Can I just say I am in LOVE with the Harry Potter books? I asked for
them for Christmas, and my mom got me one and two. (She couldn't find
the rest in paperback, and I hate hard cover). I had my nose buried in
No. one (after I spent the morning building my UCS Tie Interceptor) for
the entire rest of the day and finished it at 7:00. I think I started it
at about 1:00 or so, so six hours reading (with interruptions for dinner
and the like.)

Then I decided to fly down to LA to see my NLSO, (on Christmas Night) so
I read 1/2 of No. 2 whilst in the airport waiting for my 1.5 hour
delayed Southwest flight. Finished off No. 2 last night when I was GOING
to go to bed at 10:00. Ended up reading it until 1:00 in the morning.

What great stories! I was totally engaged, and couldn't put either book
down! I definitely look forward to the movie, and finding the rest of
the books as they come out!

As far as the LEgo end is concerned, I think there may be a few pretty
good sets coming out of this. Snape's classroom in the dungeons,
Hagrid's hut, the main hall, the Quidditch field, maybe something of the
broom closet at the Dursley's, and all the characters! Hedwig the owl!
Harry and friends, and MORE COLORFUL wizards!!! YAY!!! Now that I've
caught the fever, I'm really looking forward to the HP line of Lego!!!

Matt