 General / 25638
Re: Got some new news on Enfield Plant closing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 06:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Tom Stangl writes:
will be GREATLY increased, as molded bricks take up MUCH more volume than raw
pellets.

LEGO gets their ABS for Europe from Bayer.  The U.S. Supply comes from GE. In
other words, they can get the ABS from wherever they want to put a factory but
it might take time to get the vendor up to speed.

http://www.google.com/search?q=lego+bayer (many pages about LEGO and Bayer)

http://www.som.umass.edu/som/pub/cw-sp97/lego.html

[quote from above article]

"Until recently, our plastics raw materials all originated in
Europe; but we've been bringing in GE Plastics, one color at a time."

KL