 LEGO Company / 213
Re: Got some new news on Enfield Plant closing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 19:41:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kevin McMillin writes:
Also, we appreciate your concern regarding a recent newspaper story that
indicated that the Enfield Plant would be shut down.  We are pleased to
inform you that this story was misleading.  Only the molding area of the
plant was closed, as the work is being transferred to our European offices.
The Enfield manufacturing facility will remain open and most of the sets
will continue to be packed in the U.S.

I believe they were only molding basic bricks at the Enfield plant.
Considering how few basic bricks are in the current sets, it probably
bade good business sense to shut it down.  I wonder if they will
discontinue bulk buckets and tubs?

KL