 General / 25000
Re: Which set has...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:21:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bryan Kinkel writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G55Ju0.9Br@lugnet.com...
I think you'll need a time machine. This has been a holy grail for some
time. Certain limited subsets exist, for example there are sites where you
can find *some* of the sets that contain a given minifig type.

Bulk train doors & windows were a Holy Grail for some for a while... and we
got them :)

I would highly value the general case of such a thing but it does not, in
general, exist yet. A key precursor is accurate inventory of the universe
of ALL sets. We're nowhere near that, although the rate of inventory
creation seems to be accelerating again.

Is there a point of organization for the inventory creation? If I did an
inventory of a new set, who do I send the inventory to?

Bryan

Parts can be looked up at any of the links at Partsref
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref , including Technica and those by James
Jessiman and Tim Vattima, but none are near complete.  Dan and Jennifer Boger's
site at http://www.peeron.com/inv is the only cross-referenced database being
updated right now, so if you do an inventory you ought to post it to
lugnet.db.inv for all to see, and send it to the Bogers for them to
incorporate.  If you include part numbers (which you can also find at Partsref)
your inventory can be folded in with the others so the reader who looks up a
part can see that it's in your set.  Hope this is makes sense.  The best format
to use for Peeron is:
Quantity,Part #,Bag #,Color,Part Description,Printing/Notes
tab-delimited or fixed width.

I don't mean to steal Dan's thunder on this one - I'm just really enthusiastic
about the site and want to encourage people to add to it.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada