 General / 24883
Re: E-mailed Lego about high prices - got this response:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:37:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Bill Farkas writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I think that's standard form letter #39

Here are some snippets of my letter to them:

<snip> (thanks!)

Yep, I'm more convinced than ever it was a form letter, it doesn't directly
mention any of your points or answer them, just gives a stock "why we're
worth a lot" answer.

Exactly. I as much as made the quality argument myself by saying I still had
Lego from twenty years ago.

No one argues that point, we don't mind paying for quality, I think what
most of us have a beef about is that there has been a slide in value for
dollar lately which their form letter does not address at all.

I was in TRU the other day hunting clearance sales when a family with two
toddlers said, "Oh look, Legos. Do you want some Legos?" And then, "Wow,
look at those prices!" They immediately went to the Megablocks and said,
"Here's some other *Legos*. How 'bout this one, ya want this one?"

They're in danger of losing their brand recognition.

Bill