 General / 24856
Re: E-mailed Lego about high prices - got this response:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:26:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Bill Farkas writes:
Just passing this along in case anyone's interested. I wrote a long message
about being concerned that they are pricing themselves out of existence,
here's what I got back:

<snip>  Thanks for the post!

I think that's standard form letter #39 (I'm guessing as to the number, but
no apologies to those who take umbrage at guessing, you'll just have to deal).

Was your letter specific, giving examples of particular sets that are not
good values at regular price, or more generic? Did you give your age or
mention how much you spent? I suspect it was specific, but I have a reason
for asking these questions.

I think someone may have posted a very similar response from a few years
back but I am not sure.

++Lar

Here are some snippets of my letter to them:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to consider my note. I have been a Lego
Maniac for some twenty years now. I am currently 35 years old and am
raising my 7 year old son to follow in my Lego-loving footsteps. I
personally am enamored with the castle series and have been since #375
came out. I'm sure you're aware of LUGnet.com - there are many of us
Adult Fans of Lego who gather there regularly. My personal collection is
in the neighborhood of 35,000 pieces and growing. I thoroughly enjoy
creating my own large scale castles and accumulating more and more
pieces - which brings me to my point.....Many of us AFOL's at LUGnet
have, for some time now, lamented the ever rising prices and the
apparent drop in quality.

Your toys are near becoming cost prohibitive.

The sets are becoming too expensive for the average consumer.

I would hate to see a toy that I have loved so much become out of reach to my
own son.

Thanx,
Bill