 General / 24702
  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) Not totally different - the brown neck supposedly shows on the TIE pilot ((URL) A yellow neck would have spoiled the impression of an environmental suit. John #388 (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) Hmm. If that's true (and I'm not saying it isn't, I don't have the figs, no matter how much I wish I did), I have two main questions: 1) Why does the Stormtrooper have a yellow head instead of a black or white one? Wouldn't yellow peeking out (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) The helmets are the same!?! If that is true it really sucks. <sigh> -Lord Insanity (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) The URL is posted in .starwars and .year.2001 (don't have it handy) for scans of the pieces--they're big enough to tell that they're the same, just different colours and printing. LFB (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) spoiled (...) no (...) white (...) effect (...) of (...) Tie pilots need a pressure tight environmental suit in case their hull is breached. OTOH having a pressure suit means that they wouldn't even need a pressurized cabin in the first place. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) IIRC several expanded universe books describe TIEs as not having a pressurized cabin and that all life support is provided by the suit. Not that LEGO would be working off the books... John #388 (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) My point was that neither the TIE Pilots nor the Stormtroopers wear outfits that show any of themselves through to the outside. Stormtroopers' necks are covered by a black... uh, something. I'm pretty sure that on the costume it was a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) If you ask me (and you didn't), I think the whole "no face" head thing adds up to one thing. They are clones! They have no personality or thought of their own. They are pawns of the Emperor, and I believe (PREDICTION) that the Royal Guards (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) Well, NASA sure seemed to think it was a good idea. Isn't the Space Shuttle the first NASA manned launch vehicle which the crew is NOT in pressure suits during launch (the Apollo missions at least started with the crew wearing pressurized (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) Okay, here's a better one: LEGO has purchased a stake in Sanford's, a maker of art supplies, and is giving us blank yellow heads so that we will go out, buy art markers, and make our own minifig faces! At least, that's my theory, and I'm (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: brown minifigure head

(...) I think that was a safety measure, in case the cabin seal failed during launch, when the astronauts couldn't do much except lie in the pressure couches and take it. I guess the current thinking is either (a) the cabin seals won't fail or (b) (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)