 General / 24249
Re: New 2001 Lego Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 21:31:41 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.year.2001, Chris Maddison writes:
I just got my Nov.-Dec. Mania magazine in the mail yesterday, and inside was
an ad for the new Lego Racers.  Y'know, those ugly little critters we saw
artist's conceptions of (in the 2001 catalog, I believe).  Well, they have
the actual sets in there, and they are horrendous.  I think each one is made
up of 7 pieces.  The driver-piece-thing, the 2 car body pieces, and the
bumper/frame  piece, and 4 wheels.  And there's some kind of a launcher too.
I'm betting they'll charge at least $4 for one of these.  Prolly $6.
Yuck.

Looks like they are after the "mum, can I have that ?" market.
Cheap enough for the parent to give in, and look there is 8 in the set.
All getting very HTO/Impulse purchase orientated.
It's worked for fast food retaurants/breakfast cereal makers.

Is that two new greens in 'scratch' and 'loopin' ?

"Collect All 8?"  Whatever happened to good old "Get the one you like best, and
build something new if you get bored?"