 General / 23350
Re: Cutting baseplates (Was: Green plate sizes?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 03:08:46 GMT

I must admit that I have cut a few straight road plates in half. How have • you
done it? I used an exacto knife, but had trouble cutting in a straight • line
despite using a ruler. Also, Do you cut from the top side or the bottom?

Patience.  Clamp the plate and ruler together and make many (MANY!) light
cuts along the surface of the plate (1).  This takes a while but it works!

Will

Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services
www.crosswinds.net/~hokie

(1) No Lego has been harmed learning this technique.  It's a carryover from
my plastic modeling days.