 General / 23346
Re: Cutting baseplates (Was: Green plate sizes?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 02:41:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
Hold on--cutting up flimsy baseplates doesn't send you to the Dark Side.

They make them flimsy on purpose so you can cut out just what you need. Right?

I only do it with the huge gray ones to make custom floors inside my • buildings.
(Nobody remember that blue one!)

I must admit that I have cut a few straight road plates in half. How have you
done it? I used an exacto knife, but had trouble cutting in a straight line
despite using a ruler. Also, Do you cut from the top side or the bottom?

Kev Z

  Re: Cutting baseplates (Was: Green plate sizes?)

Ooh. I have to admit I'm not very good at those cuts. Exacto would take forever and wear out your blade I think. I just use scissors. Let us know if you hit on any other sharp solutions. One tip: put a brick on the plate and try to cut at a slant (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)
  Re: Cutting baseplates (Was: Green plate sizes?)

(...) you (...) line (...) Patience. Clamp the plate and ruler together and make many (MANY!) light cuts along the surface of the plate (1). This takes a while but it works! Will Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services www.crosswinds.net/~hokie (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.general)