 General / 23209
Re: Advertising for the meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 02:48:28 GMT

Gary & Tim & All,

Tim,  you're not gonna like this....

But for me "plundering" in the USA in the 1980's usually meant "clearance
sales".  And at $19.95 each, Yellow Castles and Main Street's..... well • lets
just say I couldn't resist.  And those toy store liquidations of  London • Bus
sets at $7.35 each........

In Germany, there was no LEGO clearance anywhere!!  But that was OK, since • it
meant 20 year old sets still sitting on the shelf at many toy stores.

Gary Istok

Heh, evil Gary, plundering all the toy stores for cheap LEGO. Almost sounds
like a Republican or something! ; ) (FUT off.topic.fun)

Scott "I've been plundering stores in Ann Arbor myself" S.
--
Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices?
Visit The Sanburn Systems Company

Tim Courtney wrote:

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message
And then there were a few referrals from TLC Enfield.... the Canadian • Broadcast
Corp.- I was on TV in Canada (Lego is not just for kids) on "The • Journal",
this
was rebroadcast in the USA and in Germany; I was also contacted by an • advertising
agency called Magic Lantern Inc. - they wanted me to do some LEGO • constructions
for a commercial; and of course there was Henry Wiencek, the author of • "The World
Of Lego Toys", who interviewed me (page 30).

Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

I used that book as one of my sources when I was writing a paper my • freshman
year of high school about Lego toys.  Cool! :D

Back in the 80's when I was plundering the toy stores of the American • midwest and
northeast, as well as southern Germany, I felt all alone in the LEGO • Universe....
that is until the ATL/RTL and then LUGNET came into being, and I • discovered
VOILA!! there is intelligent Lego life out there....  I am not

Sometimes I think the only thing left for me to be jealous of is people • who
plunder toy stores.  And yes, I am :-)

...I'm more jealous of those who plunder toy stores, sort it all, • Brickbay
some, and come away not paying a cent (but some time).  No time/seed $$ • to
start my own business like that....not to mention those who do that • after
plundering at 75% off - ahem, TROY! :o)
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne