 Local / United States / Michigan / 295
Re: Advertising for the meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:08:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Ryan J Schave wrote:

I realize this is a bit late but I was thinking I could put up a flyer in a
local hobby store.  Is there any objections to this?  If not, what should be
on the flyer besides the obvious - directions, date, and time.  I don't want
parents thinking they should bring the 5 year olds to play with duplo :)

Be sure to specify that it is an informal meeting, not an organized,
pre-packaged Presentation or Event.

Is the name going to be MichLUG?  Is there a logo I should use?  Should I
suggest that people can bring their own creations?

Any other guidelines I should be aware of?

Hmm.  You might consider adding a line "for more information or questions,
call Ryan at xxx-xxxx".  But there are also some definite reasons *not* to
post your phone number in public.  If you're friendly with the hobby store
owners, you might give them your number or more information, in case people
ask.

Steve