 General / 23187
Re: is anyone accually castle complete?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:18:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Reed writes:
Personally, I think that being castle complete would mean just having all
the sets known for that theme.  This idea of having all the promotional
material, etc. is ridiculous since you can take it way too far.  Where do
you stop?  Do you have every store display?  Do you have every plastic bag,
every insert, every reciept?  Do you have every catalog that mentions that
set?  The whole idea starts to get absurd and impossible to obtain.
Why not just have two stages of completeness: Every set with instructions
and every set with box and instructions?  The creme de la creme would be to
have every set MIB!  Extra material that goes with the sets can be
considered as just more icing on the cake!
I've considered myself to be complete in the pirate theme for some time now.
I've gotten every set (almost X 2), but I don't have every box or piece of
related material.  I have some, but I don't find those items desirable for
completeness.
Does anyone feel the same way??

Sort of.  I consider myself completely castled (to distinguish it from Castle
complete); meaning I've got all the castle sets I want. :)

I'm mostly in it for the parts anyway.  If complete for collection purposes
means the set is sorted out from the rest of my collection, then the only sets
I have are Blacksmith Shop, Armor Shop,
Guarded Inn & Majisto's Magical Workshop, because that's
all my shelf has space for, and they edge out other sets for looking cool.

Hmm, Maybe I'm just "cool-looking castle complete"... :)

James