 Castle / 6444
Re: is anyone accually castle complete?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:31:13 GMT

Kyle Peterson wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Is there anyone here who can say that they have all of the castle sets
ever made? Is there anyone close and what are they missing?

Well, from the best of my knowledge.......
If we don't count Ninja, and multi-bonus packs, I am missing:

1286 Kabaya
1289 Kabaya
1480 Kings Catapult
1592 Castle Town Square
2538 Shell Crossbow Flamer
2540 Shell Fright Knights Catapult
6103 Knights

Yes I do have the chrome sets, I do have the Dacta set, I do have Black
Knights treasure, I do have the witch's fireplace,....

...and I'm sure I'm probably missing something else from my collection, so
I'll expect to get drilled with more questions as to what I have or might not
have.

-Kyle

P.S. I do have most Ninja sets, but for some reason I just can't include them
in my "Castle" collection.

I would expect castle complete to include Ninja. Beyond that I see some
"optional" areas for considering theme completeness:

- Having every set, but not necessarily in every set number (i.e., your
yellow castle(s) are all 375 or 6075).

- An extra option on this is having every general packaging form (I have
some sets which are the same set number and same set as a Kabaya set,
but don't mention Kabaya on the packaging). This may include some bonus
packs.

- A super extra form of this is to have all packaging variants (in all
languages etc.).

- A castle special in this area is 6086 since it appears with two set
names (I actually have managed to acquire a US copy of each box, though
I don't quite have two 6086s, and only have one set of instructions)

- Do you have all the related service packs

- Do you have all the keychains, child sized swords and shields, sticker
sets, etc. etc. etc.

- Do you have all the related comics and other publications?

- Do you have all the Mania and World Club magazines featuring your
theme?

- Can you prove that for every part which exists in a set, you have a
corresponding part which originated in the packaging of that set (i.e.,
did you piece your 1234 set from parts from eBay and your 3033 tub?)?

The only (which isn't brand new in 1999 or more recently) that I have
any expectation of getting even basically complete in is Pirate (and I'm
well on my way to some of the optional levels, I'm only missing one
comic book [and have both UK and US versions of the one comic which was
available in the US], but  have no keychains, I do have about half of
the service packs [but not quite, there are several cannon service
packs]).

In the castle realm, I can actually say I do have some yellow castle
parts. A recent eBay auction lot included ONE 2x2x3 yellow corner slope,
and I've got a few minifig bits.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com