 General / 22952
Re: additional sets in the LEGO Studios line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 01:26:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
In lugnet.general, Ben Gatrelle writes:
Pictures can now be seen of these sets at my web site. Click here
<http://www.yellowcastle.com/studio.shtml>

Cool! Interesting bits I see:

1351: are those red axles? What's the clear brick on the end? • Yes, they appear to be red axle pieces with a clear 2x2 round brick on the end.
Are the braces on top the same piece as in the movie set?
Yes and no. If you mean the same pieces that the light stands are made of,
then no. This part is used in the MovieMaker set as a slide support for the
camera. It has grooves like <part:2653> with the lower support part angling
down to a point. It's hard to describe.

1352: grey windows and doors (and it looks like one of the best window/door
ratios a LEGO set has ever had, 4/1), black 2x2 flags (pirate fans, can you
say gun port covers!), clock (hope it's not a sticker, but I could live with
it if so, it does look like a printed 2x2 round tile though),
Yes it is the same printed clock tile in the Train Metro/Retro Station, not a
sticker. This set also has at least 4, possibly 8 black 1x6x2 arches holding
up the bank (no pun intended).

1353: grey container covers (4x8 plate w/no studs around rim), • and the new male (2) and female (1) click hinge as previously noted.

1354: green 6x7 boat bow brick! (yeeha, another color pirate cutter!),
Yes this is the Dino head that goes with the Dino foot in set 1349. After
three or four years they will come out with enough Dino body parts to actually
make a large Dino! Wow!
2x2x3 extreme slopes, other green parts, is that a new torso for Gail Storm?
From the Brickset minifig images guide this is the same Gail torso as in
<set:5978> and <set:5988> .

Looks like some decent sets. I hope they show up in stores.
Ditto.
BEN GATRELLE