 General / 22571
Re: Unexpected Email Message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Eaton writes:

Does anyone know why I might have received this?  I've never corresponded with
Fraser, and a quick LUGNet search suggests he hasn't been around for months.

I believe it's because he probably subscribes to that particular newsgroup via
email. When your post goes in, LUGNET forwards it off to his email account.
And since he's apparently away, he's set up an auto-reply for his account,
which auto-replies to the sender. The sender, apparently, may come through as
you depending on his setup, rather than LUGNET. I've had this happen to me
several times as well... not really very common, but suprising at first :)

  Does that mean his mailbox will be stuffed full of LUGNET.STARWARS postings
when he gets back?  Yikes, that's a lot of reading!

     Dave!