 General / 22570
Re: Unexpected Email Message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:32:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
Lately I've been once again griping about trivial Star Wars issues,
specifically dealing with the Padme/Amidal "ruse" in TPM.  Out of nowhere I
suddenly received an "Out of Office Autoreply: Padme Naberrie" from Fraser
Lovatt:
[snip]
Does anyone know why I might have received this?  I've never corresponded with
Fraser, and a quick LUGNet search suggests he hasn't been around for months.
I'm not really bothered by the Email, since it doesn't appear to be SPAM of
any sort, but I am puzzled about why it came into my box.  Any ideas?

I believe it's because he probably subscribes to that particular newsgroup via
email. When your post goes in, LUGNET forwards it off to his email account. And
since he's apparently away, he's set up an auto-reply for his account, which
auto-replies to the sender. The sender, apparently, may come through as you
depending on his setup, rather than LUGNET. I've had this happen to me several
times as well... not really very common, but suprising at first :)

DaveE