 General / 2253
Re: Thoughts on having preferred customers in auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:37:47 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote in
If you want to be nice to these friends of yours, you might want to do
something like a 'pre-auction'.  Set up a mailing list with all of them on it,
put on the sets you think they'd like with a minimum price you think is fair
to you and them, and say 'Best offer in a week gets it.'  Anything that isn't
sold in that goes into your regular auction.

This is what I've done in the past and it seems to have worked fairly well.
As a rule first I offer stuff to Larry P, then to a list of others, then
I'll run an auction (and Larry will bid :)

Moz