 General / 21351
  Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail

(...) I wanna know where that figure came from before I can believe it. --Todd (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail

(...) Yes, good point. Personally, I believe everything I read.... (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail

(...) Don't you think they would try to track things like that? That number is probably based on tracking data from their own stores and S@H since that's the only place they could easially do it. KL (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  percentage of adults

(...) I would think so, but I recall that Brad Justus once said that they weren't tracking that. It surprised me. He also said that the figures quoted in the Orange County article a few months ago were off by a large margin -- the reporter had wrong (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail

(...) I'd see it as a combination of two things: Mindstorms (remember that 50% of registration cards were from adults who'd purchased it for themselves) and Star Wars (tapping into the 20-something-with-lo...le-income- (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail

(...) Maybe they don't care about bulk parts, but they definitely care about juniorization. (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail

(...) Perhaps it just means that 1 in 10 buyers is an adult. This would not be surprising at all, and we would be wrong to presume that all adults are buying it for themselves like we do. In any event, how would they track something like that? When (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.general)