 General / 20525
20524  |  20526
Subject:
K-MART notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:53:56 GMT

A couple of items about K-Mart stores that might interest AFOLs:

1) At a K-Mart in Redwood City, CA I noticed a product under the logo of LEGO
'Baby'... apparently a division of the company on equal level as DUPLO and
PRIMO. The age range for this doo-dad (some colorful plastic
chain/necklace/what-have-you) was 0-18 months. Has this been discussed
previously? It was the first I had heard of LEGO-Baby...

2) K-Mart has recently a restructuring of its business, including the closing
of several stores nationwide. Apparently, large clearance sales will accompany
these closings (LEGO toys are not specifically mentioned, but keep your eyes
open). Closing are to end by 1 Novenmber 2000. A list of which stores will be
closed is available in the press release on the K-Mart site:

http://www.kmart.com/corp/story/pressrelease/news/pr000725.stm

cheers,

eric