 Marketplace / Shopping / 4836
Re: K-MART notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:13:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Eric Harshbarger writes:

A couple of items about K-Mart stores that might interest AFOLs:

1) At a K-Mart in Redwood City, CA I noticed a product under the logo of LEGO
'Baby'... apparently a division of the company on equal level as DUPLO and
PRIMO. The age range for this doo-dad (some colorful plastic
chain/necklace/what-have-you) was 0-18 months. Has this been discussed
previously? It was the first I had heard of LEGO-Baby...

2) K-Mart has recently a restructuring of its business, including the closing
of several stores nationwide. Apparently, large clearance sales will accompany
these closings (LEGO toys are not specifically mentioned, but keep your eyes
open). Closing are to end by 1 Novenmber 2000. A list of which stores will be
closed is available in the press release on the K-Mart site:

http://www.kmart.com/corp/story/pressrelease/news/pr000725.stm

cheers,

eric

In a K-Mart store over here in Sacramento California, all Legos were 40% off
due to the store closing. I picked up a large Lego sysytem set which came with
4 boxes of parts and a large 3-D building base originally marked $56, marked
down to $15. I also got some other sets too. Pretty much everything was
cleaned out 'cept for a few Amazon sets.

~Nick
http://members.aol.com/swatlego