 Marketplace / Shopping / 4835
Re: K-MART notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:33:40 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:53:56 GMT, "Eric Harshbarger"
<eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote:

A couple of items about K-Mart stores that might interest AFOLs:

1) At a K-Mart in Redwood City, CA I noticed a product under the logo of LEGO
'Baby'... apparently a division of the company on equal level as DUPLO and
PRIMO. The age range for this doo-dad (some colorful plastic
chain/necklace/what-have-you) was 0-18 months. Has this been discussed
previously? It was the first I had heard of LEGO-Baby...

Its been mentioned already but think "Primo", Baby replaces Primo.

2) K-Mart has recently a restructuring of its business, including the closing
of several stores nationwide. Apparently, large clearance sales will accompany
these closings (LEGO toys are not specifically mentioned, but keep your eyes
open). Closing are to end by 1 Novenmber 2000. A list of which stores will be
closed is available in the press release on the K-Mart site:

http://www.kmart.com/corp/story/pressrelease/news/pr000725.stm

I went to the one closing in my area(state) last night they had some
LEGO at 20% off "original ticketed price".  Some of it wasn't ticketed
at all :^)  Anyways the 20% applies only to regular priced items not
clearance priced ones, too bad they would have sold a few sets to me
if it applied  :^\  They had a bunch of the smaller Star Wars sets a
few town sets, some Pooh, a smattering of Rock Raiders and the ones
that surprised me, Dino Adventures!  and the little portable Soccer
goal thingee.  They only had the little car one, the small glider
thingee and one of the float plane one...  Sorry I'm just being too
lazy to look up set #'s here :^)   So if you are near a KMart  that is
closing, check it out you MIGHT be surprised....

cheers,

eric

Thanks for the "heads up" Eric.

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!