 General / 20268
Re: Great garage sale deal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:43:28 GMT

Anybody else want to share their great Lego garage sale deals?

My best two deals (out of about 4 total):

1.  6271 Imperial Flagship, nearly complete with instructions and a couple of
extra Imperial Guards, plus a bunch of gray castle walls and an old Forestmen
instruction for $10 (3 years ago)
2.  half of a 7722 Battery train with box (but no instructions) for $5.  I've
traded for all the rest of the pieces, and the set is now complete and happily
residing in my collection :-)  This one was about 2 years ago.  I think that at
both of these sales, I missed the _really_ good stuff, though!

I haven't been garage-saling yet this year.  It just takes up a lot of time,
and the hit ratio for Lego isn't all that great.  I made the two good finds
above when looking for other things, more or less (furnishing our apartment).
But it's fun if you have the time for it and especially somebody to go with (my
wife has been too busy to accompany me lately...).

Alan