 General / 20302
Re: Great garage sale deal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:57:52 GMT

Hello everyone, I have been here for a while but not very vocal.  Anyway, my
mom goes to garage sales every week and recently I've hit the Lego jackpot
about 50% of the time.  A few weeks ago, for $3.00 CDN I got a whole bunch
of sets from 1984-1986:

Knight's Castle -almost complete
Galaxy Commander - almost complete - VERY cool set btw
a couple smaller space models
and TONS of basic bricks

The big highlights were of course the first 2 sets, both of which I hadn't
seen before "in the flesh".

My best deal to date was about 5 years ago from a neighbour who sold me his
collection for $25.00 CDN:

Black seas barracuda - complete
eldorado fortress - complete
sabre island - complete
yellow castle - almost complete, missing most of the mini figs
a bunch of small classic space sets
some more small pirate sets

Quite a deal!!

I still think the best way to get Lego sets would be from teenagers that are
always looking for money who have sets left over from their childhood.  Some
sort of posting at high schools would probably work.

Eric DeGiuli

Timothy Jones <timothyj10@juno.com> wrote in message

Anybody else want to share their great Lego garage sale deals?

Tim