 General / 20231
  LEGO to make 9 sets for the Harry Potter movie (2001)

Well, I just bought the Sorcerer's Stone so I could see what all the hubbub is about and now I hear that LEGO is going to make 9 sets for a movie based on this book!? Okay, sounds like Castle, or Time Cruisers? Better start reading the book so I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO to make 9 sets for the Harry Potter movie (2001)

(...) Well, it won't be out for another 17 months, so we don't have to stop crossing our fingers just yet. (...) A: All of them. ~Mark (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO to make 9 sets for the Harry Potter movie (2001)

(...) First off, Harry potter is about a billion times more popular among CHILDREN than lord of the rings, so thats probably why its a more valuable license. But the real issue to me is that being such a character driven book, its not completely out (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO to make 9 sets for the Harry Potter movie (2001)

(...) is (...) reading (...) for (...) Are you saying that the Tolkien books are not enjoyed by children? And Tolkien stuff really fits in with the current and past Castle theme, too. BTW the upcoming movie should be popular with children, I am only (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO to make 9 sets for the Harry Potter movie (2001)

(...) compared to Harry Potter yes that is exactly what Im saying. the language is more cumbersome, and Characters harder to relate to. (...) Im sure thats a major reason why NOT to do it, I would rather see more creative color schemes and elements, (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)