 General / 20236
Re: LEGO to make 9 sets for the Harry Potter movie (2001)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:42:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Aaron West writes:
Well, I just bought the Sorcerer's Stone so I could see what all the hubbub is
about and now I hear that LEGO is going to make 9 sets for a movie based on
this book!?  Okay, sounds like Castle, or Time Cruisers?  Better start reading
the book so I know what to expect (and to be literary, of course).  Any
guesses what those 9 sets will be?  Will Todd have to add a Harry Potter sub-
theme to disscussion groups?  Will LEGO be picking up movie toy properties for
inspiration from now on?  And WHY didn't they pick up Lord Of The Rings!?!
Aaron :o)

First off, Harry potter is about a billion times more popular among CHILDREN
than lord of the rings, so thats probably why its a more valuable license. But
the real issue to me is that being such a character driven book, its not
completely out of the question to have belville scale harry potter( pretty
unlikely I guess)  ok back to work; )
josh