 General / 19813
Re: Ah, evil timmy...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.belville
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:23:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Drew Lawrence writes:
B) I'm not exactly sure, but I think it is the 'stupidifying' of the Lego
system. Leave that to Bellville and Duplo, and don't give us these weird
looking Lego kids. (No offense intended.)

The only offense taken is in regard to the Belville theme... I don't feel that
BV is anywhere comparable to Timmy, it is *that* much better, and is not
stupidified at all. It is marketed to young girls (5-12) and appeals to what
many girls like - playing house, fairy tales, etc.

Don't get me wrong here - I don't AT ALL appreciate the fact that TLC doesn't
think of System is appropriate for girls, and I think that girls would be into
system castle, town, and space is TLC would market it right and create some
decently gender-equal sets.
But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate and love BV for what it is - a great
source for parts, relatively well-done maxi-fig scale models (hey - I don't
see anyone making any better ones! Sets or MOCs!) and a lot of creative ideas
that could be better-developed (but doesn't that work for ALL TLC's current
stuff? Heh).

Just my 2 cents... I'd spend them on BV ;-)
-Shiri (who really deserves the new Fairy Queen set... mmm)
XP .belville