 General / 19861
Re: Timmy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 00:31:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert M. Dye writes:
From: "jonathan lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com>

Subject: Timmy

This may seem like a silly question butitshows how recently I've joined
lugnet.
I've noticed numerous references to the Timmy minifig. What sets did he come
in, where may I find a picture of him, and what does he represent that he • his
held in such contempt?

I personally hate Timmy because he represents the current inanity found in
some of the sets (Time Twisters, Town Jr., Town Jr-Jr, etc - remember when
cars had doors?). Everyone needs a scapegoat, and his freaky features
nominated him, IMHO, for the role.

Which I think is a good segue for me to say "Hi, my name is Chuck, I'm new,
here are some photos of my stuff, which include (coincidently) the Elian Saga
using Timmy (more coming - I needed some of the new TV camera crew sets which
I now have - check back) my little statement about Timmy and Jar-Jar (who I
hate for the obvious reasons) and also photos of the anti-globalization riots
that hit my soon to be named Lego town, similar to what happened in Seattle
and DC recently. They rioted outside the McD's..."

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=chuckrex

And let me throw in a "hello" to all the people I met at the great Brickfest.
Nicest people...

-Chuck
(PS- Did you know they are selling Lego at 7-11's now? When *I* was a kid....)