 General / 19905
Re: Timmy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:13:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Robert M. Dye writes:
From: "jonathan lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com>

Subject: Timmy

This may seem like a silly question butitshows how recently I've joined
lugnet.
I've noticed numerous references to the Timmy minifig. What sets did he come
in, where may I find a picture of him, and what does he represent that he • his
held in such contempt?

Ah..."Timmy."  (Actually, "Tim.")

This fig first appeared in the Time Cruisers sets.  You see it some in the
Freestyle stuff, too.

He is held in contempt, I think, because he is sort of like Wesley Crusher
on Star Trek: the Next Genearation.

What the hell was Picard doing letting that little brat fly a starship?
What was Dr. Cyber doing letting a kid like Timmy have access to a time
machine?

Do you hate the inclusion of Anakin in the 7141 Naboo Fighter LEGO set?

(I know, I know, it's a kids' toy.  But we are talking about the afol
reaction to the figure, not the kids' one)

I had a Tim as a kid, in the little tricycle-like time machine.  He didn't
bother me that much, he was just a minifig with a unique head (most of my
minifigs had smiley heads at that point).  Now as a Teen Friend of LEGO System,
I have the Mystic Mountain lab and he still doesn't bother me.  There is
probably a reason for him.  Maybe he is Dr. Cyber's son.  Maybe he is the child
version of Dr. cyber, who coexists with his older self because of a mix-up in
time travel.  Hey, that's a cool theory.

Rob