 General / 19814
Re: Harry Potter Lego Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 05:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Radtke writes:

And speaking of ideas for castle, how many of you fellow castle-heads are
reading The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan?  Talk about an endless supply of
characters, weapons, magic, creatures, places and palaces!

John R.

AMEN TO THAT! The WOT (Wheel Of Time) books are IMHO the best fantasy
literature out there, The lord of the rings trilogy comes pretty close but it
just doesn't have the vivid descriptions that are characteristic of WOT books.
(Some of the prologues are 100 pages long!) But, if you want to read them,
take my advice and wait a bit if your a quick reader, becuase Robert Jordan is
writing book 9 at the moment, and he doesn't show any signs of slowing down.
That means that after you finish the most recent book, you have to wait quite
a while to read the next one.

What about Redwall books? They're a pretty fun read, and they'd be pretty cool
for TLG to do, think about it, minifigs of mice, rabbits, otters, moles, etc.
And they could make a (much juniorised) version of Redwall Abbey. Whaddya
think?

<<KM>>