 General / 19374
  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) Enameled steel is passed away long ago, as a refrigerator material. Injection molded plastic (and yes, ABS) is the one mostly used today. Believe me, the company that ý wok for supplies parts to home appliances industry, and refrigeration (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) Oh, I should have made it clear as "inside material", but I assumed we were talking about it, since the inside is facing with cold. Some brands still use enameled steel for outside covers, especially for washing machines ,dish washers and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

Hmmm - if LEGO bricks were made of enameled steel I would suspect that one didn't know what one was talking about. But I think you meant to say that the *inside* of refrigerators are made of the same stuff LEGO is made of ... ;-) If LEGO was ever (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) This may be one place where the US is behind the rest of the world. Most large appliances in the US are indeed made of enameled steel at least on the outside. That includes washers, dryers, refrigerators, ranges, and to a lesser extent, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:FwrBKH.5yD@lugnet.com... (...) large (...) outside. (...) extent, (...) an (...) think) (...) Yes, and I think I know why. It's a lot easier to pressform steel into whatever shape you (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) Ha! Your naïveté is cute, but misplaced. One must never underestimate the power of the refrigerator-magnet lobby. Plastic appliances...puh-leez! Chris (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) But how do magnets stick to them, then? This would be a major problem here. (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) Exactly my train of thought--the primary purpose of refrigerators is as magnetic bulletin boards[1], the bigger, the better. --Bram 1) mostly for displaying magnets, but also for the stuff the magnets happen to be holding up. Bram (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) Family of 5, too :) Ours holds about six gallon jugs of milk in the door, but the door's starting to sag after a few years of that kind of (ab)use. --Bram (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:FwrEwM.JDs@lugnet.com... (...) Most (...) the (...) :-) That, and the fact that the average American would probably switch to plastic the moment someone invents a magnet that attracts (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  (canceled)

  Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures

(...) They already have--and most of us post here. ;) Run, everyone, before the Frigidaire people come to turn you all into refrigerator doors! narf LFB PS: The interior of the units are probably all made of ABS--but the exteriors are usually (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)