 General / 17334
Re: Corner slopes, rarity thereof (was Re: WTB/WTT: Blue 3x3 corner low-slopes ...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:20:40 GMT

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:40:13 GMT, "James Brown" <galliard@shades-of-night.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gary R. Istok writes:
steve wrote:
The white low corner slopes comes in the Mindstorms Droid Development kit
9748 which has 4 of them.
Thanks Steve.  Now we know they exist in white.  And 9748 costs...... $100
(ouch).  Looks like the white 3x3 corners will be very much like the yellow
3x3 corners (from the 7740 Intercity Train) ... namely that they can only be
found in very expensive sets, therefore keeping them RARE!  You won't be
seeing these in groups of 50 in an EBAY auction.

Yeah. :/  I wonder how much a 9748 sans corners would go for... (now that I
know they exist, I desperately want some!)

I would ask someone who HAS a Droid Developer kit to verify that the corners
are in fact 3x3 low slope.  From all the pictures I've seen (including an
actual box cover) they look like 2x2 medium slope corners.  Even though I
could use quite a few more white 2x2 corners, I haven't purchased a Droid
Developer kit.

Rob

-

Rob Farver - mailto:rfarver@rcn.com