 General / 16428
  Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

Well, I was looking for anime news, and I find Lego news! :) Toy Fare has released their predictions of the top toys of 2000. In at number twelve is the Dark Side Development Kit! :) The complete list: 1) Simpsons (Playmates) 2) WWF (JAKKS) 3) South (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

I am very surprised to se Pokemon at all - do they really think it will last? It doesn't seem to have the 'right' qualities... just an opinion... EC (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

(...) Yeah, no ABS involved. ;-P (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

(...) This is why so many toys today don't seem to make the grade! ;) EC (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

(...) Here's hoping this doesn't get taken as being rude or anything, just curiousity, but I've always wondered this. What I want to know is just how many of the Pokemon Nay-Sayers realise that Pokemon was originally a video game from which the (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Followup-To FAQ

In lugnet.general, Kya Morden writes: <snip> (...) Hi Kya, The "neato" trick is rather simple, fortunately for us computer dopes! :-) This is all you have to do to make the optimal Followup-to in the web interface: 1. In the 'newsgroups' box, put (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

Pokemon is actually about 20 years old - started as a comic book / cartoon... Now here is the catcher - 'Digimon' (Pokemon's biggest competitor) started 27 years ago under the same principals... go figure... My wife is a fifth grade teacher - and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

Where did your wife find this out, because it is WAY off? Rob (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Toy Fare 2000 Predictions

(...) I agree. Pokemon started being created in the mid nineties because the creator of the game, at Game Freak, wanted to create a game to recreate his days as a child catching bugs in the fields outside of Tokyo before they became over ran with (...) (24 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)