 General / 16454
16453  |  16455
Subject:
Followup-To FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 05:43:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kya Morden writes:
<snip>
Um, if I knew how, I'd say "foward to off-topic.debate" but I don't
know the neato trick.

Hi Kya,

The "neato" trick is rather simple, fortunately for us computer dopes! :-)

This is all you have to do to make the optimal Followup-to in the web
interface:
1. In the 'newsgroups' box, put the new NG in addition to the current one
2. In the 'Followup-to' box, put the new NG
3. Somewhere in the message, note that you are Following-up to a different NG.

Both the first and the last aren't required but are much preferred for easier
tracking of threads etc.

Right now, for example, I'm setting FUT lugnet.faq so that other people can
read this too... any replies to this message will go to lugnet.faq, yet you
can still see this current post in lugnet.general...

HTH,
-Shiri
(FUT lugnet.faq :)