 General / 16352
Re: Fun goodies for your browser's toolbar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:07:41 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Todd Lehman writes:

Set Search
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- • --
javascript:q=document.getSelection();if(!q)void(q=prompt("LUGNET Set
Search",""));if(q){u="http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=";for(i=0;i<q.
length;i++){c=q.charAt(i);u+=(c=="+")?"%2B":(c=="
")?"+":escape(c)}location.href=u}

Todd this is great stuff.  However, when I clicked on the link, set search
came up with:

"")?"+":escape(c)}location.href=u}" (the last few lines of javascript)

in the search field.  Once I erased that it worked fine.  I double cheked the
bookmark propertieis and the text quoted in the search box was not accidently
copied twice in the java sccipt.

But this is way cool.