 General / 16009
  Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack

(...) I've heard a lot of people complain about the lack of basic building bricks in the System sets. Which makes me wonder: If they want basic bricks, why do they buy System sets in the first place? There are lot's of sets containing nothing but (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack

(...) First let me say that I agree with your perception that there is a tremendous lack of basic bricks in sets today. I have a nephiew who currently only has sets and whenever I try and build with his collection I find if very hard because it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack

Paul Baulch wrote in message ... (...) I have seen the basic boxes at TRU, although I'm not sure if I have seen this particular one. I do recall noticing a largish box of bricks and wondering why somebody would pay that price* for it when they (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack

I was building various things with my (once again) growing Lego collection, and I noticed something that many other builders had complained about - the relative lack of basic 2xN and 1xN bricks in a collection consisting mainly of System and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack

I have a love-hate relationship with special pieces. On the one hand, special pieces drive up the cost of a set and drive down the piece count. On the other hand, I have built many buildings that sprung from the core of a single special piece! (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

Brian Sauls wrote in message ... (...) more (...) Well, I'm in Australia, and as you might be aware, buying _any_ Lego isn't really cost-effective down here :-( But seriously, 4229 seems to be priced slightly differently in this country. I'm pretty (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)