 General / 16010
Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:01:56 GMT

"Paul Baulch" <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> writes:

I was building various things with my (once again) growing Lego
collection, and I noticed something that many other builders had
complained about - the relative lack of basic 2xN and 1xN bricks in
a collection consisting mainly of System and Technic sets. It was
seriously hampering my building.  I was wandering through the local
department store when I saw something I hadn't noticed before: set
#4229.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the lack of basic building
bricks in the System sets.  Which makes me wonder: If they want basic
bricks, why do they buy System sets in the first place?  There are
lot's of sets containing nothing but basic bricks, which should be
just what they need.

I do think that these sets are available in the US, though.  And
what's more: Due to the competition with clone bricks, basic bricks
are even cheaper in the US as compared with Europe.  That's waht I've
heard, anyway.

Fredrik