 General / 16047
Re: Set 4229 - Extra Bricks pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:22:17 GMT

Paul Baulch wrote in message ...

<snip>

With the way that people have been talking about their collections, and a
quick search on LUGNET newsgroups for "4229", I began to speculate that it
wasn't actually available in the U.S.  Is this true?
The search didn't seem to uncover any posts that actually said so (Pause
didn't either), although a few UK posts _did_ say that 4229 was poor value
for money compared to a semi-mythical brick pack apparently numbered
"1857"[1]..... is 4229, then, available in the U.S. but not good enough
value for parting out? It seems like a fantastic parting-out brick pack to
me[2][3].

I have seen the basic boxes at TRU, although I'm not sure if I have seen
this particular one.  I do recall noticing a largish box of bricks and
wondering why somebody would pay that price* for it when they could get more
bricks in the blue tub.

*Don't remember the actual price, only that it wasn't very cost effective.

Brian (bbq) Sauls