 General / 1511
Re: RTL and Outlook Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:11:33 GMT

"Fred Carcanague III" <corkycarcanague@hotmail.com> wrote:

No matter what I've tried everytime I try to use RTL it defaults to the
Lugnet section on my Outlook Express. Obviously it's NOT there. What am I
doing wrong? Need help real bad here, please.... ;(

Using Netscape 4.05 and 4.5, I found that to send a message to either RTL or
Lugnet I had to first select the specific news group, and then hit "new
message".  Somehow which news server to send the message to is encoded
someplace.

Just entering the news group name in the message header is not enough.
Sometimes it would go to the wrong news server and get bounced.  By selecting
the proper group (and server) while composing the message, I have had no
problems.  Your mileage may vary.

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net