 General / 1502
1501  |  1503
Subject:
About that FAQ ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 21:31:34 GMT

(from rec.toys.lego)
Also sprach Larry Pieniazek:
: The situation is deteriorating, though, this site isn't even accepting
: connections anymore. It gets posted to RTL periodically, but not since
: April. Todd inhaled it:

: http://www.lugnet.com/rec.toys.lego/faq/    (thank goodness!!!)

I don't want to step on any toes here, and if Tom Pfeifer would like to
weigh in on this I certainly welcome it, but:

I would like to donate my time and effort to maintaining this FAQ if Tom
is unwilling or unable to do so.  I am mailing him about this as well,
as I don't wish to offend anyone.

I would offer the following service:

        1.  The FAQ would be posted on a regular basis to RTL as well as
            lugnet.general.  The definition of 'regular' would be left
            to general agreement, but I would imagine at least monthly
            postings would be appropriate.

        2.  On a quarterly basis I would call for comments, suggestions
            and ideas for improvement and expansion of the FAQ.  These
            suggestions would be coallated into quarterly updates of the
            FAQ.

        3.  It's trivial, but I would cross-link the FAQ to create
            greater ease-of-use and a true hypertext document.

I'd genuinely like to do this.  I've wanted to do something for some
time, but my effort to build an archive of classic space instructions
was eclipsed by Kevin Loch's much greater effort.  Doing this service
would be an honor, but I do not wish to presume.

Comments?

/ _ _ / _ _                Press any key ... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============