 General / 14967
Re: Shell promo sets coming to the U.S.!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:04:08 GMT

If it's anything like the rest of the world, it's "buy our gas to get coupons so
that you are able to pay us for Lego, unless you talk someone into letting you buy
them without buying gas".

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

J.W.Hummer wrote:

This is cool, but I think the closest SHELL Station is about 130 miles away
(In Oklahoma City)

Look at the bright side. By the time you get there, you'll need to buy
some gas anyway! I know if this rumor comes to pass, I will be buying a
LOT of gas at Shell.

You're going to need to buy gas to get the sets?  Crumbs.  Shell has, at least
in this area, pretty lousy prices.

Is it 'buy gas and we'll give you free LEGOs'?  or is it 'buy gas and we'll
*allow* you to spend your money on our special LEGOs'?

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m