 General / 14968
Re: PRESS RELEASE- LEGO Company Replaces SAP R/3 System With Internet-Enabled Oracle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:00:10 GMT

The light at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter!  Thanks for
posting, Chet:-)

-John

Chet Corbin wrote:

Howdy Gang-

Very interesting press release from Oracle, and I quote: "The new e-business
enterprise suite will enable LEGO Company to transform into an e-business,
allowing administrative tasks in connection with sales, receipt of orders,
distribution of goods and financial follow-up to be simplified and easier to
execute." It looks like Lego Direct is getting closer.......

Happy Reading,
Chet Corbin

----------------------------------

LEGO Company Replaces SAP R/3 System With Internet-Enabled Oracle Applications

Leading World Toy Manufacturer Bases its Business System on Oracle's

E-Business Suite

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., Feb. 14 /PRNewswire/

-

http://www.oracle.com/tellmemore/?135617) Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL), the
number one choice for e-business, today announced that LEGO Company is
replacing its SAP R/3 system with a new enterprise system based on Oracle's
Internet-enabled Oracle(R) Applications. The new e-business enterprise suite
will enable LEGO Company to transform into an e-business, allowing
administrative tasks in connection with sales, receipt of orders,
distribution of goods and financial follow-up to be simplified and easier to
execute.

The goal for the new Internet-enabled system is to reduce labor intensive
administrative tasks currently resting with employees, and allow more
resources and energy to be dedicated to the company's new Fitness Programme,
an initiative designed to create simple and effective business systems that
will allow LEGO Company to reach its goal of being the strongest toy brand
among families with children before 2005. The new Oracle system is currently
being implemented within LEGO Company and is expected to be rolled out
company-wide this year.

"The reason for replacing SAP R/3 with Oracle Applications is that LEGO
Company needed to simplify our business systems as well as our working
processes. To do this, we had to be innovative and start afresh; therefore,
we decided to choose a completely new Internet-enabled platform," said Poul
Plougmann, executive vice president, Global Business Support, LEGO Company.
"Oracle Applications was chosen because we are convinced that with its open
system, Oracle is fully capable of supporting current and future Internet
business processes for LEGO Company."

"We are very pleased to announce that LEGO Company has chosen Oracle
Applications. In the age of e-business, many companies are rethinking their
ERP-systems and are looking for open Internet applications with the ability
to integrate with the extended e-business community including suppliers and
customers. With Oracle Applications, business information can be accessed
from a web-browser at any time, anywhere in the world," said Ron Wohl,
executive vice president, Applications Development, Oracle Corp. "LEGO
Company is just one of many companies who are recognizing the value of
Oracle's fully integrated, web enabled e-business suite."

About LEGO Company

The international LEGO Company was established in 1932 and is one of the
world's largest toy manufacturers, employing about 10,000 people in 50
companies in 30 countries.

About Oracle Corp.

Oracle Corporation is the world's leading supplier of software for
information management, and the world's second largest software company. With
annual revenues of more than $9.3 billion, the company offers its database
and application products, along with related consulting, education and
support services, in more than 145 countries around the world.

For more information about Oracle, please call 650-506-7000. Oracle's World
Wide Web address is (URL) http://www.oracle.com/

Trademarks

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation. Other names may be
trademarks of their respective owners.

SOURCE  Oracle Corp.

CO:  Oracle Corp.; LEGO Company

ST:  California